Rugged sandstone mountain ranges, cascading waterfalls and breathtaking views overlooking the dense eucalypts valleys – the naturally breathtaking World Heritage region of the Blue Mountains is an Australian highlight. Here is your insider guide with travel tips and local insights to explore the best the region has to offer.
Just 90 minutes from Sydney by car, the Blue Mountains has some of the country’s most dazzling natural attractions. Discover the region on foot with dramatic views over the deep valley troughs carved out over millions of years. The lookouts at Wentworth Falls, Govetts Leap and Echo Point are among the most popular while the views from Sublime Point, Narrow Neck and Cahills Lookout are no less spectacular.
If trekking is not quite for you, charter a chopper for a scenic flight and see the region’s beauty from above before landing at Dry Ridge Estate for a delicious afternoon of local wine tasting and cheeses platters set against the backdrop of spectacular Megalong valley.
Make sure you also explore the charming little mountain villages like Leura and Blackheath where you can stop and treat yourself at one of the best local restaurants for lunch
- The One and Only, Wolgan Valley Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley offers a blend of wildlife, natural beauty, conservation and heritage, making it an ideal luxury resort in Australia.
- The Carrington, Katoomba The Carrington Hotel is a heritage-listed former spa, hotel and power station and now hotel and public bar located at Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort and Spa ideal for romantic getaways, conference retreats, family accommodation or just a luxury break away.
- Spicers Sangoma Retreat Immersed in the natural bushland of the Blue Mountains, this all-inclusive retreat delivers a peaceful and intimate escape.
WINE & DINE
- Fumo Restaurant for incredible dining. This is a must eating offering an exciting Modern Australian menu with Japanese influences
- Darley’s Restaurant at Lilianfels- Award-winning Blue Mountains Restaurant
- Dry Ridge Estate, Megalong Valley- Stunning boutique vineyard offering a local wine tasting and charcuterie & cheese board
- National Pass Track
Approx. 1.5-hour trek to Wentworth Falls
Approx. 3-hour trek of National pass loop
- Bridal Veil falls approx. 3,5 h return
- Stroll the streets of the mountain villages Leura and Blackheath
Check out how we can tailor your Blue Mountains tour.